OK, so many of you may find this hard to believe, but my sweet almost 3 year old Easton still uses a pacifier (as we refer to them, a paci) that was until yesterday at nap time. The day that I have played over and over in my head, mapped out my plan of attack, chosen my words carefully, came without warning! Easton had been playing upstairs with his pacies (2) before gymnastics and when it was time to go to class, he came downstairs with no pacies. When we got ready for naps that afternoon, he could not remember where he put his pacies, after searching for about 10 mins. I informed him he would have to nap without his beloved paci. Poor, sweet, innocent Easton went into to hysterics, crying, no sobbing for his paci. I had to put him to bed and close and lock his door, because I needed to feed and put Waylon down for a nap as well. So after a quick feed for Waylon I put him to bed and went back to Easton, who at this point was hysterical and on the verge of making himself sick, it was just awful! Finally, I calmed him down enough to try and talk to him and explained that the paci princess must have come while we were at gymnastics and taken his paci, his response was "where is my four-wheeler?" We had been telling Easton that when he turned 3 the paci princess would come and take his pacies to give to new babies and he would be able to get a BIG boy surprise, a trade in if you will. Well, he had decided he wanted to BIG BOY 4-wheeler. So needless to say I finally got him down for a nap and late last night I ran to Wal-mart got a BIG BOY 4-wheeler, Ian I put it together and the paci princess came last night. His night went better than expected, he had a hard time going down, not really crying, just getting out of bed. But he slept all night without the paci. And he went right to sleep for nap today, no problems. I know it was the right decision but yesterday broke my heart, I was crying listening to him cry so hard.
1 comment:
...we are so proud of you and of mommy. You both took a big turn in life with the paci situation. Easton, papa says you 4-wheeler is a replica of the real thing called "Raptor". Wish we were there to enjoy that new 4-wheeler with you. Can't wait for you guys to come spend some summer with us.
we love and miss you terribly.
Post a Comment