Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Camp!

Easton has his first official day of Summer Camp at his school for the fall. The school decided to offer a summer camp program for 2 weeks so that the preschool kids could come to the school and meet their teachers and fellow classmates in a less structured environment than the "normal school day." Easton has been so excited to go to summer camp, that is all he has been talking about. Yesterday we had to go to Wal-Mart and get him a lunchbox...of course he had to pick out a Pirates of the Caribbean one (the UGLIEST one of all the lunchboxes)! Then last night we packed the lunchbox and left it in the fridge for safe keeping. Ian said when he was putting Easton to bed and they were talking about summer camp Easton asked "Can baby Waylon stay with me?" Ian said "No, Waylon will have to come home to take his nap." Where Easton then replied "But, I really want Baby Waylon to stay at summer camp with me." Ian's only response was "I know buddy, I know." But it was WONDERFUL that one of Easton's best friends, Devin, went to summer camp today too. It is so comforting to Amy (Devin's mom) and I to know these boys have each other! They will also be in the same preschool class!! This morning he was so excited to get ready for camp and wear his backpack! I wasn't sure how he was going to do with me leaving, but like always he surprised me and seemed fine when I left. I on the other hand, didn't do so well. Amy and I stood outside the door to hear how the boys were doing, and when I looked at Amy she had tears in her eyes which then made me lose it too. Seems like the mommies are bigger babies than the boys!

Devin and Easton excited to see each other & excited about camp!


Their preschool teacher, Mrs. Krasner!

This is how we left the boys...playing together at the sand table!

2 comments:

olivia and henry said...

i'm SO PROUD of you, easton!!! you are growing up so fast, already going to summer camp and soon off to school ;) you are a PRECIOUS PRECIOUS boy!!!!!
(proud of you too, jamie! i'm sure it was tough to let him go :(
so glad that he is having so much fun!!!!!

McGrew Crew said...

Oh my goodness, Jamie I sat here and cried just reading this and thinking about how fast Easton has grown...it seems just yesterday I was waiting (well sleeping) for him to be born!! He is such a sweet, lovable boy... I miss him :(
Give him LOTS of kisses and hugs from me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails