I know...it's not like me to go several days without a post...but I have a REALLY good excuse!! Sweet little Waylon has been SUPER sick!! It all started Saturday afternoon, he was super fussy, only wanted to be held. After a nap he was still super fussy, so being the good mommy that I am I took his temperature and low and behold, 101! Well, then I gave him tylenol and just held him all day. Saturday night he slept ok, but when he woke up earlier than normal on Sunday I took his temperature again and again 102!! But it just gets better, my sweet, loving husband had to leave Sunday mid-day to head to Hong Kong for work! When Way-Way woke up from his nap he was miserable, so once again my trusty thermometer came out and this time 102.9!! So now I freak out call the Dr because I can't remember how many hours I have to wait to cycle between the tylenol and motrin. Sunday night poor Waylon was miserable he barley slept (therefore I barely slept) and running a 104.1 tempature. We got into the pediatricians office early Monday morning. And they found the problem...double ear infection with one ear drum about to BURST!! He was in SO much pain they ended up giving him an antibiotic and some numbing drops for both ears. So after starting the antibiotic and running a high temperature all day Monday...he is FINALLY doing better. But of course I should have known that because Daddy will be boarding a plane for the USA later today...wouldn't you know!! But now they are wanting to consider putting tubes in his ears!!?? We go back to the pediatrician on Oct.1 (2 weeks) to see if the fluid is gone...poor Waylon usually has an ear infection for an entire month before it clears up and he usually goes through every antibiotic out there! So we'll see. But this mommy is just glad to have my arms screaming child free and finally getting some much needed sleep!! 
1 comment:
..he looks as if there is nothing wrong with him other than being sweet and adorable. wish you were closer so I could help out with the babies when daddy is gone.
we love and miss you guys very much. are you headed back here anytime sooooooon.....
Post a Comment