Thursday, September 3, 2009

FIRST day...

Easton had his FIRST day of school today and he did GREAT!! He was a little nervous before going, he was really unsure where to go/what to do when he got off the bus. The bus picks him and all the other elementary kids up at the end of our street and then drops him off in front of the house since it's only a half day program and only kindergartners are being brought home at 11:45. When the bus drops him off they go turn around in the cul-de-sac then drop him off. Well, Waylon was aware of this and got VERY upset when Easton's bus flew by without stopping to drop Easton off. He started crying and saying "I wanted to play with Easton...Come back Easton."
I did well and didn't cry until I got back home after the bus picked him up....then I was flooded with mixed emotions. Of course I was SO proud of the big kid he has become and know he will do awesome at school. But I also know it is just the beginning, each year he will go off into this BIG world filled with nice and not so nice kids. He is the baby that made me a Momma...and now he is no longer that baby{but in my heart he is}.

2 comments:

Leo and Jen said...

Look at those sweet boys! Jamie, I'm sure each day will get a little easier... but maybe not easy. You'll always be a momma and there's no helping that feeling in your heart and stomach I'm sure!

Nana said...

...it is hard for even myself to the thought that my first grandchild is already getting on a scholl bus....it seems like yesterday he was still crawling around and learning how to crawl up the stairs and rolling down them.
xx00xx Nana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails