Sunday, November 15, 2009

NYC

Ian and I did something we have not done in 5 years...yes, FIVE years. We spent the weekend together WITHOUT kids!! Ian's birthday was last Tuesday and as part of his present he got Metallica tickets{a long time ago} with the intention of going with his dad or a friend, since you know, I'm not really into Metallica{shocking, I know}. But, he really wanted to spend the weekend with me and almost didn't go to the concert because I didn't really want to go. Then, I decided to step up to the plate, step out of my box and do something for the man I loved. So we had our wonderful sitter, who has been with us since I was pregnant with London, and who we completely trust, to watch the kids over night so that we could celebrate his birthday in style. We left on Saturday at nap time and drove to NYC and stopped at the hotel, checked our bags and then spent the rest of the day shopping, walking around{hand and hand}, enjoying dinner{without interruptions}, shopping more, going to the concert, sleeping in, enjoying breakfast and then heading back home. And{surprisingly} the kids survived and better yet, Miss Robin survived!! So, you can bet we will be doing it again!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Those kind of trips (short ones) are the best! Let's you refuel! Leaving you feeling refreshed! Good for you! It makes you better parents!!!

How was Metallica?

Pam said...

That sounds like so much fun, what an opportunity to be able to just "drive" up to NYC.....You'll need these kind of breaks, they are good for you. Even good for the kids too! Thank you for sharing! Pam.

Leo and Jen said...

I heard just recently that every parent should go on at least one or two trips away from kids a year. Glad you guys got away! NYC is fun too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails