We try and eat out at least once a week with the kids, Ian and I have never wanted having kids stop us from enjoying the things we enjoy doing...going out to dinner is one of those things. And usually our kids are well behaved...not ALWAYS, but usually. But there are often times when we are out to dinner that I notice families with older kids, and I envy how relaxed the parents look. And in my mind I always think...oh I can't wait until that is us. But the other day while we were out to dinner I noticed a family with older kids...maybe high school, even college age and wondered do those parents envy us. Do they look at our family and think, man I wish our kids were small again. Do they miss how quickly time has passed and how quickly they've grown up...in the blink of an eye. A wonderful friend once told me the days are LONG but the years are SHORT...and how true that seems now. I just don't want to blink. I recently heard another saying that hit home , small kids...small problems, big kids...big problems. That too seems so very true.
On another note, Waylon is having surgery on Wednesday to fix a hernia. Because of the type of hernia it is (inguinal hernia) it has to be operated on to fix the problem and to keep it from becoming a more serious issue. You can find more information about it here.
We will be at Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC) for about 3 hours for surgery and post-op. I am waiting on a call from the surgical coordinator to find out the exact time. But please keep him in your prayers. I am somewhat nervous...none of our children have ever had surgery, but I know the Lord will be protecting and watching over sweet Waylon.
6 comments:
Great Momma Monday! And I will praying for SWEET Waylon on Wednesday. Hope all goes well.
Wow! What a wonderful post! Such a great reminder on how quick the time flies! I have tears in my eyes! Thanks for the reminder!! And yes, I will keep sweet Waylon in my prayers...
Made me cry, too! So very true, and I know from listening to the Mentor Moms at Bible Study, that yes, they do envy parents of small children. They really miss the days we're in now. I love the quote...Long days, and short years. We should all hang that in our homes!
I'll be praying for Waylon Wednesday, too. My BFF's little boy just had that same surgery, so I'm sure it will go fine!
this was great! Will will keep Waylon in our prayers for Wednesday. I love you all!!
I know he'll do GREAT!! Our thoughts and love are with you guys!!
Good luck Waylon!
Post a Comment