We learned yesterday from a great friend that if the kids want a snow day that it is a northeastern tradition to place a spoon under your pillow{as well as sleep in your pj's inside out}. We decided to give it a try last night, so the boys placed spoons under their pillows right before bed and would you believe it worked! Now I will have to convince them that every time they don't want to go to school, placing a spoon under your pillow won't ALWAYS work. I googled this tradition to try and find the "reasoning" behind it but I couldn't find any. So if you're a native northeastern and know exactly why it's a spoon and why you put it under your pillow, please share...I'm curious to know.
3 comments:
Those are the cutest cowboy sheets...I made a cowboy quilt (before Paul David) a couple of years ago that would go perfect with those! I found some at Target awhile back, but they're not as cute as those!
I've never heard of the spoon thing...fun! Enjoy your snow day!
candice thank you...the sheets are from target. i got them a few years ago and wasn't completly in love with them but easton was. i like them now, though.
Thanks for sharing your blog with me!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!! I am so glad to hear that the hole closed on it's on, that is such a blessing!!!!
Post a Comment