Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birthday Party in Heaven...

Today would be the kids' GrandPam's Birthday. As much as we know she is happy in heaven and we will someday see her again, not a day goes by that we don't miss her and wish she was here with us. The truth is that as much as I am sad that my mother-in-law isn't here for me to call or talk to, I am more sad for Easton, Waylon and London, because they are missing out on knowing the love that she had for them. She could not wait to become a grandma and I am so blessed that she was here the day Easton was born and stayed with us to help take care of him for the first few days of his life. She was such an amazing mom and grandma. I am so thankful that Easton spent the first year of his life getting to know her, having lots of pictures of them together, yet I am SO sad that Waylon and London were never given that opportunity. I am sad that none of my children will ever truly know their GrandPam. I am sad that my children's cousins will never be given those same opportunities. I am sad that my future sister in law will never meet the most amazing mother I was blessed to meet, blessed to have be apart of my life, blessed to have molded me into a great wife and mother. I am just SAD but not as much for me as for my children!!


2 comments:

Pam said...

What a nice, thoughtful post. You know she is watching over you all and very proud of the family you'll have become! What a tribute to her.

Mrs. H said...

Oh Jamie, what a sweet post! Thinking of you and Ian today. Her legacy will live on thru you and your babies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails